2018 Calendar Contest
Held in partnership with the:
Featuring Economics & Personal Finance Concepts
K-8 students are invited to illustrate an economic or financial concept, suitable for publication as the “picture of the month” on a 2018 wall calendar.
Unleash your students' creativity, imagination and talent by showing how well they understand these economic and personal finance concepts.
- Rules and Entry Form
- Key Concepts - The concept should appear in the Grade Level Expectations of the Colorado Academic Standards or come from the glossary of terms/concepts provided by CCEE. Concepts may be combined when appropriate.
Deadline for submissions is May 2, 2017
Rules for Entry:
- A teacher may submit up to eight (8) calendar entries – grades K – 8.
- A teacher should submit one completed entry form (above) per each calendar entry.
- All entries submitted must be original entries drawn horizontally/landscape on an 8 ½” x 11” white sheet of paper.
- All entries should be color, not black and white.
- The entry should illustrate an economic or financial concept provided in the glossary and/or GLE alignment (grade level expectations from CO Academic Standards); concepts may be combined when appropriate.
- The economic/financial concepts illustrated should be displayed clearly on the drawing, spelled correctly and written in large lettering.
- All entries will be judged on accuracy of content, spelling, artistic excellence, geographic and grade level distribution.
- Entries may not be folded and student’s name should not appear on the picture.
- No brand name or trademarks may be used.
- The entry should be reproducible with color printing
$50 Cash Prizes for Colorado students and their teachers
- Fourteen winning students and their teachers will receive $50 and a complimentary calendar.
- Winners will be chosen and announced by May 15, 2017.
- Winning entries will be published in the 2018 Economics/Personal Finance Concept Calendar.