Sensible personal finance and investing can be taught in many different formats. The SME Infographic Contest is designed to utilize a cross-curricular approach to combine art, marketing, writing, and math skills along with your personal finance and economics instruction.
RULES and GUIDELINES
What is an infographic and how are they created?
- An infographic is a chart or diagram that represents information or data. In this case, it will show what your students have learned by participating in the Stock Market Experience.
- Create your infographic on one of these websites or choose one of your own:
- Creating an infographic tutorial
Develop an infographic on one of the following topics. Use a combination of text and visuals.
- External or Internal Factors: Select one or more factors (international markets, political or economic events, environmental or natural occurrence, or internal business factors) and assess how it affected your investment.
- Portfolio Diversification: Discuss the importance of portfolio and evaluate the success of your portfolio in regards to your diversification strategy.
- Bull and Bear Markets: Compare Bull and Bear markets and explain what contributes to bull and bear markets?
- Investment Strategy Analysis: Evaluate your strategy for selecting investments. What criteria did you use when you chose your investments? What influenced your decision to buy, hold or sell?
Each of the Investment Portfolio Analyses that we receive will be graded by judges using the following criteria.
- 35% - Creativity use of graphics and visual appeal
- 30% - Easy to understand and interpret
- 25% - Analysis content (Facts, figures, reasoning etc.)
- 10% - Grammar, spelling, etc.
- Winning inforgraphics will be printed on 12" X 18" posters. The size of infographic should be a least 1500 x 2250 pixels, preferred 3600 X 5400 pixels
- Submit your infographic in PDF, JPEG, or PNG format.
- Use of copyrighted material is prohibited
- Submitted electronically by e-mail to Lisa Vogt (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If a file is large, we recommend using a cloud file storage program to upload the file and then send us the link to download.
- Contact Lisa Vogt for more information or questions.
Prizes and Due Dates
- 1st Place $100, 2nd Place $50, 3rd Place $25 will be awarded to the winning student/team in the high school, middle school, and elementary school divisions.
- Fall 2017 Infographic submissions are due on or before November 17, 2017.
- Spring 2018 Infographic submission are due on or before April 6, 2018.
Below are examples of a good infographics completed by students in Indiana.
Do you have a question or comment?