Economic and Personal Finance Literacy
Programs for Secondary Teachers
Click on the class links below for more information and to register.
- International Trade – The Enduring Issue
March 18, 2017 | Colorado Springs | Accredited
- Big Economic Ideas
April 1, 2017 | Denver | Accredited
- The Economics of Sports
April 29, 2017 | Denver
- A Citizen's Guide to the Economy
June 26 - July 31, 2017 | Online| Accredited
- Methods for Teaching Secondary Personal Finance with Economic Reasoning
July 17–21, 2017 | Denver | Accredited
- Exploring the Ethical Foundations of Economics.
- September 23, 2017 | Denver | Accredited
- A Wellness Check-Up for the U.S. Economy
October 14, 2017 | Denver | Accredited
- Economics in World History
November 4, 2017 | Denver | Accredited
Stock Market Experience
The SME is an engaging, state of the art, real life investment simulation that advances student academic achievement in the core academic disciplines.
Late Spring Session: March 6 – May 12, 2017
Fall Session: September 11 – November 30, 2017
Ye ar Long Session: September 11 – May 11, 2018
Check back later for fall dates.
2017 Koelbel Enterprising Teacher of the Year - $2,000 Cash Award
Deadline is February 15, 2017
Kay Schmidt Young Economist Scholarship $1,000 cash scholarship to one Colorado high school junior or senior who has taken a high school economics class. Teacher will receive an appreciation of $250. Deadline is March 31, 2017