Available SME Trading Sessions
- Fall: September 5 – November 30, 2017 (13 weeks)
- Year Long: September 5 – April 18, 2018
- Fall Mini-session: October 23 - November 30, 2017 (6 weeks)*
- Spring: January 17 - April 18 (13 weeks)
- Spring Mini-session: March 7 - April 18 (6 weeks)*
* Mini-sessions will not be eligible for cash prizes. Other awards will be granted. Please check back soon for more details.
Stock Market Experience
The Stock Market Experience (SME) is a FREE, engaging, state-of-the-art, real-life investment simulation that advances student academic achievement in the core academic disciplines.
This exciting program empowers student teams with their own virtual $100,000 investment portfolio. Students work together to invest in stocks, mutual funds, bonds, and commodities on US and international exchanges over the course of a semester or year.
- How to apply and advance math, reading and writing skills
- How our economic system works
- Complete analysis and work in teams while developing critical academic and 21st Century Skills
SME is provided free of charge to Colorado schools by generous support from program sponsors! Value added benefits include state-of-the-art trading, Free Teacher Training, Free Teacher Resources, an exciting award program, and free newspaper e-subscription.
FREE Teacher Training - View Available Classes
There are a variety of dates to choose from to learn about the SME. Choose from either a webinar setting or an on-site training below. The training session provides an overview of the SME program, a hands-on demonstration of the website’s key operational features, and an overview of available curriculum resources and lesson plans.
Highest Earning Portfolios Recognition
Student teams that place first, second or third overall in the state in their age division will win cash awards as specified below. Place-winners are determined by the highest return-on-investment percentage at the close of business on the last day of the competition.
First Place Overall in Geographic Region (5 Regions) — $50 for a Stock Market Experience Classroom Celebration
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY FALL and SPRING competitions are eligible for cash prizes. Mini-sessions and Year-long students will be recognized in a manner to be determined.
Stock Star Recognition
The Stock Star program is currently under construction. Check back soon.
Stock Market Experience Awards Ceremony
Winning teams will be recognized at the Annual SME Awards Ceremony in May.